Skip to main content

My Experience at IIMUN

My Experience at IIMUN Bareilly 2018

In this article, I am going to share my experience of participating in IIMUN conference.

My name is Aryan Prakhar. I had participated in the conference of Indian International Model United Nations. It was a great experience for me participating in it. I came to know about a lot of issues that i never knew before. I was assigned the committee of Economic and Social Council and was made the delegate of Republic of Ecuador. I had to speak on "Laying down a roadmap for meeting the SDG Goal 5' that means that how to accomplish the goal of gender equality.

On the first day, when we reached there at 8:00 a.m., the weather got vulgar. Although the technical stuff was problematic but programmes were fair. The program of opening ceremony was about 2 hours long. After that, we were sent to our respective committees. There, our Executive board welcomed us warmly and introduced themselves. They were very cordial. After that we were taught about the Rules of Procedures of the Parliament. They were very clear and on the point so we did not have difficulty in understanding the basic concepts.

When we were ready, the formal session of the committee started. We had to give a 90 second speech of the Speaker's List. In this speech, we had to mention what efforts were being done by our country to counter the problem faced by the women of the country. As it was the chance to make the first impression before the Chairperson and other delegates so I prepared it with a lot of research work and by analyzing data about my country. As my speech ended, the chairperson of my committee extolled my way of speaking. This encouraged me a lot and filled me with confidence. I started speaking actively in debates, rising questions and giving comments on other's speech.I tried to score as much points as possible.In the evening,we danced and enjoyed. In this way, my first day in conference went awesome. In my way to home,during the whole journey I went planning my strategy for next day.

On the second day, like me, almost everyone in the committee became active and so the conference turned more competitive. Today, I challenged an another delegate too. I tried my best to score more and more points. At last, we had to make a draft resolution. We had to conclude the solutions that other members of the committee had suggested. We had to prepare the draft resolution in group. But as its format was not clear to us, we formulated the resolution in an invalid format. Our resolution got rejected by the chairperson and it was very disappointing for me as our resolution could not even stand for voting. Other resolution passed with clear majority.

The results were to be announced during the ending ceremony. I was expecting my name in top 5. I came second in my committee and was awarded with a silver medal for "HIGH COMMENDATION" and our delegation was invited for IIMUN MUMBAI 2018. I was feeling happy at that moment.

I can say IIMUN has helped me to end up my hesitation of public speaking and now I have the courage to stand in front of people and debate on any topic.

Thanks For Reading!


If you liked my blog, share it and if you want me to write blog on any topic, you can give me suggestion in the comment section.

👇😊😉



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What are the benefits of participating in Model United Nations?

Benefits of Participating in a Model United Nation(MUN) A MUN conference in session Hi! First of all i would like to tell who am I. My name is Aryan Prakhar and I am a student.I have participated in Indian International Model United Nations conference and have emerged as a winner in EcoSoc(Economic and Social Council) committee. On the basis of it, I am going to share my ideas. Participating in MUN is a great way to eliminate hesitation of public speaking. It is a platform on which you can give the idea of what you want the world to do for different issues. You have a chance to provide ideas that the world needs to solve certain problems. The world needs your suggestions as "Young minds are the sharpest minds". If you participate in a MUN conference then you will improve your debating and negotiation skills, and can develop the ability of questioning and answering live. Also, you will develop your ability of critical thinking. You will come to know about th